I’ve been wanting to do podcasts for quite some time. Personally, with a background as a radio talk show host, I find them exciting and refreshing. Beyond that, I also find them a great way to get information on the go. It’s like the drive-thru window at your neighborhood Starbucks!
I personally subscribe to a several podcasts and look forward to listening to them any time I’m on the road, when I’m working out or running, and generally any time I have to wait… for anything. I plan ahead and download them to my I-Pod and make the best use of my wait time.
I want to make that available to you as well. I work with women who daily commute to a job they hate while dreaming of the career they love. They can’t just walk away from that job. It’s their bread and butter. They have to transition. I love to help women do that.
Perhaps that’s you. While you’re in transition, you need encouragement, instruction, wisdom and a whole lot of grace. That’s why I decided to do podcasts. Each week, you’ll be able to get another episode that will help you get through today while building your tomorrow.
You’ll always find show notes with the podcast link as well. I hope you enjoy this new way to help you live your dream. I would love your feedback. You can either leave a comment online or email me directly at: reba@RebaJHoffman.com.
Title: Where Do I Start?
Intro: This is the very 1st Episode of Women of Passion and I’m so excited to bring it to you.
The top question I get from women with a dream is “Where do I start?” So I thought it would be appropriate to discuss this in my first podcast. So let’s jump right in.
You won’t be totally happy until you are living your dream.
You can have a wonderful job, a family that adores you and you can be blessed with health. Those are all wonderful things but there will always be that little prick in your soul reminding you that you are not living your dream… yet.
Perhaps you know exactly what you want to do. If you do, that’s great! But my guess is that you know what you love to do and what you have the talent to accomplish but you don’t know how to turn that into a lucrative career.
That begs the question: Where do I start?
Well, believe it or not, you already have!
You have an idea. That’s the place to start.
So the race has begun. Let me give you a few steps to get you well on your way to making that idea a career.
One: Declare Your Bold Dream
1) Define Success. You have to know without any doubt what success means to you. You want to make sure the success you’re trying to achieve is your idea and not a definition someone placed in your head or is expecting you to live up to.
2) Dream without limits. As you think of possibilities, do NOT limit yourself. The
how –to-do-it part will come later. You’ll have plenty of time to bring things into check later.
3) Identify Defeating Beliefs. We all have them. They’re ingrained within you, many times from a child. If left unexposed, these beliefs will throw up roadblocks every single time you try to pursue that dream. (Dad’s service station)
4) Back to the Future. You must begin to see yourself in the future as having built your dream and are living it.
5) Declare Your Bold Goal. This will make it real for you, establish your starting point and get you into action. It must
- Be Specific
- Be Attainable
- Have a date for implementing your first step.
So, here’s where you start, because if you don’t have a clear picture of these things, you’ll be shooting in the dark and that will only end in frustration, disappointment and failure.
- Define what success is in your own mind.
- Dream without limits and WRITE IT DOWN!
- Identify Defeating Beliefs
- Back to the Future
- Declare your bold goal
- DO IT!
Send me an email to email@example.com and let me know your bold goal.
Send me a voicemail right from your computer. Just click on the tab at the right side of the page.
While you’re there, you can check out some books I highly recommend for entrepreneurial women. Oh, and if you have a dream of being one, that includes you!
I’d love to get your feedback about this podcast. Please take a moment to let me know if this is valuable for you. Also, if you have a question, you can leave a voicemail or send an email. I’ll be glad to answer and may include your question on a future podcast.
Click to listen to: EPISODE 001
Podcast: Play in new window